Who can homeschool?
Just about anyone can homeschool!
It’s legal in all 50 states and in many countries throughout the world.
Have you ever heard people say, “I’d like to, but….”?
Maybe you’ve said that. Maybe your children say that about your grandchildren.
While everyone has their own vision of the “ideal” homeschooling situation, there are all kinds of scenarios, and they all have one thing in common: They dismiss the “but” and forge ahead. In every case, the parents’ commitment to homeschooling their children generates extraordinary creativity that enables families to homeschool, no matter what “roadblocks” they encounter. Here are some of the types of people who homeschool:
• Single-income families with Mom at home.
• Single-income families with Dad at home.
• Dual-income families with both parents working full time.
• Dual-income families with one or both parents working part time.
• Dual-income families who have the Grandparents home-educate their grandchildren.
• Grandparents who have custody of their grandchildren and homeschool them.
• Farm families with Dad and Mom at home, and the whole family working together.
• Family businesses with Dad and Mom teaching the children, who work with them in the business.
• Single parents (widowed, divorced or never married).
• Older teens who help homeschool their younger siblings.
PLEASE CONTRIBUTE YOUR STORIES: We are collecting stories/testimonies of families who overcame a perceived roadblock to homeschooling (income, health problems, lack of confidence, opposition from family, etc.). Please send us your stories (using the “Contact” form on this website) so we can publish some and thereby encourage other parents and grandparents that — YES, despite seemingly overwhelming obstacles, they CAN homeschool those precious children and grandchildren!